Briarlake Elementary School | Mission Statement
It is the mission of Briarlake to provide a highly effective academic environment that promotes initiative, leadership,creativity, compassion and acceptance of diversity, so that our students can compete in an ever-changing society as life-long learners.
We will release the full potential of every child by providing effective educational opportunities that are inclusive and challenging through a welcoming environment that stimulates critical thinking,risk-taking and a deep understanding of the curriculum.
- All students have the potential to succeed
- All students thrive in a healthy, safe and supportive learning environment
- Inclusion, diversity and compassion are assets that we embrace and promote
- That we strive to be academically challenging and technologically savvy
- That we are highly educated professionals that positively impact our students
- That when students make real life connections to the curriculum they are more likely to understand and remember what is taught
- Students should take ownership of their own learning
- Collaboration is the key. The partnership between and among staff, students, parents and the community are critical to student success.