Briarlake Elementary School | Activities & Events
Georgia Milestones Assessment Guides
Georgia Milestones Grade 3 EOG Assessment Guide here
Georgia Milestones Grade 4 EOG Assessment Guide here
Georgia Milestones Grade 5 EOG Assessment Guide here
Georgia Milestones Resources
GA Milestones/Natl Resources for Sample Questions
Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards
Smarter Balance Click here
The Council of the Great City Schools' parent roadmaps in Reading/English Language Arts and Mathematics provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8. These parent roadmaps for each grade level also provide three-year snapshots showing how selected standards progress from year to year so that students will be college and career ready upon their graduation from high school. Please click here to access the publications.
On Monday, August 25th, the DeKalb School System launches the Campus Portal for parents and students. Parents should access the main web page of DCSD > Parents > Infinite Campus Portal. This site has links, videos, and documents that will guide parents and students through the process of accessing the portal.
Parents will need an Activation Key if they do not already have access. Parents will need to contact their child's teacher for the code. Parents must show ID to receive the code.
Student accounts are the same as before. Their User ID is 'S' and their 7-digit DCSD student number. If students do not remember their password, they should go to the district's main webpage and view the Account Management video which will walk them through resetting their password.
A Campus Portal support line is available beginning Monday, August 25th from 8:30 am - 8:00 pm. Parents may call 678-676-1131 for assistance after visiting the district's main webpage.
Please reserve the Campus Portal support line for parents.
School Day Start and End Times for 2016-2017
We will begin school at 7:45 a.m. Students will have the flexibility to arrive between 7:00 and 7:45. All staff will be in place by 7:00 and students will be dismissed from the cafeteria at 7:30 to go to their homerooms.
IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR PARENTS! If your child arrives after 7:45 a.m. you must bring your child inside to check in. Also on very cold mornings we do not ask staff and patrols to stay outside opening car doors, so allow yourself extra time on those days. We have staff on duty to accept students as early as 7:00 each morning.
The school day schedule is below for the upcoming school year. As a reminder and discussed before the close of the school year, approximately 15 minutes have been added to the school day to give the additional time needed for math instruction. Please see the schedule below.
- 7:00 AM Doors open/Breakfast Served
- 7:20 AM Students Dismissed to Class
- 7:30 AM Breakfast Ends
- 7:40 AM Announcements/Students are Considered Late
- 7:45 AM Instruction Begins/ Ends at 2:20 PM
- 2:20 PM Announcements/Dismissal Begins
School will end at 2:20 p.m. Bus and car riders will be called to the front via walkie-talkies.
Dismissal Safety Reminders:
- It's important to remember we have lots of young people trying to get to their bus and/or car.
- Keep the main lobby area clear of traffic.
- Remind your children not to leave the school unattended. If your child misses their bus, remind them to "go to the office or to their teacher and report that they have missed the bus", and NOT to leave the school.
- Remind your children to get off the bus at their assigned bus stop, not a friend's.
- As our children "mature" and become familiar with getting home on their own, they may make unsafe decisions. Please remind them to never leave the school unattended.
Keeping our Briarlake children safe is imperative! Thank you for your support.