Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
Our PTA organizes events and activities throughout the year. We hope all of our families will find ways to be involved and participate.
- PTA Board and Committee Chairpersons
- Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- PTA Expense Reimbursement Form Please keep ALL receipts for expenses you expect PTA reimbursement.
In accordance with House Bill 1187 – The A+ Reform Act of 2000, all public schools must have a Local School Council (LSC). They are meant to bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve educational challenges, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators and bring parents into the school-based decision making process. The LSC at Briarlake consists of the principal, four parents, and two teachers.
The Council meets 5 times each academic year and is concerned with matters of student achievement and school improvement. Elections are held in May to fill vacant seats on the Council.
The members of the School Council are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Regularly participate in school council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student attendance, achievement and performance.
The Briarlake Foundation is a non-profit 501(
The Purpose of the Briarlake Foundation is to raise money to help fund strategic long term goals for Briarlake Elementary School and to provide funding in areas for which the PTA and School Council are unable to provide for. The Foundation can:
- Apply for, and receive private and corporate donations;
- Accrue assets and earn interest on deposits
- Fund large-scale site improvements;
- Manage funding for multi-year project improvements;
- Directly benefit teachers by paying for teacher or personnel support salaries, conferences or to receive additional certifications, and performance grants.